AWS still leads the Cloud Market and there are ample reasons that this tech giant owns. Everything about AWS is bigger than big. Its flagship conference reflected the level of command it holds in the market. From bragging about its $18 billion revenue run rate and its 42% annual growth rate, to trumpeting that it’s larger than the next bazillion cloud providers combined, to the hundreds of product announcements and thousands of hires it makes every year, everything about the company is huge. There were 40,000+ attendees at Re:Invent in Las Vegas and this reflects the heights of the company.
After all this, AWS is just one division of parent Amazon. The impressive annual growth rate that the company is following might be difficult to achieve in the upcoming years but the way it is going about introducing new products and features, looks like, they are here to stay.
AWS follows a customer obsessed philosophy. They crave for innovation and continuously innovate to give better to customers every single time. “90% of what we build is what customers ask for and the remaining 10% is focused on strategic interpretations of customer needs.” – says Jassy.
Alibaba, Microsoft, IBM, Google and Oracle are high on revenue, but they are no where closer in terms of market share as compared to AWS. Even as these companies continue gaining revenue, the market itself is growing at an astounding rate right now.
According to data from Synergy Research (keeping in mind it’s a rapidly changing market), AWS has an enormous market share lead, one that John Dinsdale, chief analyst at Synergy Research, says is so big now, it’s going to be very difficult for anyone, even Microsoft to catch them.
“Just from a pure math perspective, AWS is so far ahead of the rest that no-one can seriously challenge its leadership in the short term,” Dinsdale told TechCrunch. However, despite of this progress, AWS isn’t just sitting still resting on its considerable market share lead. It is continuously innovating at a rapid rate.
Dinsdale says, “AWS continues to make huge investments in infrastructure, continues to expand its range of services, continues to execute well, is growing its business with enterprises, and has the full long-term backing of Amazon for whom AWS is very important. The combination of math and business logic says that AWS cannot be matched from a scale and market share perspective any time soon,”
But the other cloud providers too have ample scope and the competition is increasing every day. IDC predicted a public cloud market value of $95 billion for last year. They expect that market to more than double in just three years, to $195 billion by 2020. If these predictions are hold true, all the cloud providers have huge potential to grow along with AWS.
Here’s how AWS is leading in the Cloud Space. Stay tuned for more updates.
For Cloud and Other Technology Services, Connect with RightCloud and Do Things the Right Way!